Saturday, June 25, 2011

Friday Night Hike





While most normal people view Friday night as a time to gather with friends, eat good food, and sip cocktails, my particular point of view says that it is much more fun to dodge flying golf balls, get lost in the woods and walk a mile home in the dark.  My point of view says that, I don't always agree with her though.

A brief explanation: husband and I decided to hike a new trail behind our house last night.  The short cut to the trail was along the local golf course, which apparently still had people playing on it at 7:30 at night.  A near death experience with a golf ball prompted us to take the long way around to the trail adding 45 extra minutes before we even got to the trail.  Then, since neither of us had ever taken this trail before we had no idea how long it would take us to get to the end or where the end was for that matter.  So, somewhere around 9pm just as the sun was setting we found our way back onto the street and proceeded to walk the mile home in the dark.

All in all I would say it was a successful hike although my point of view and I are going to have to have a serious talk before next Friday night rolls around.

POV you have been warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment