Monday, June 27, 2011

Tough Mudder



 





Yesterday we spent the afternoon cheering on my cousins and some of their friends in an event called the Tough Mudder.  Have you heard of it?  This thing is insane.  People (and I'm not just saying like 5 or 6 - we're talking 10,000 here) willingly pay money to run up a mountain, swim through 30 degree water, and get shocked by electric wires (amongst nearly 20 other obstacles).  Mohawks and costumes highly encouraged.

At one point after watching a guy temporarily loose feeling in his legs from the electric shock I turned to J and asked, "who would ever sign up for this thing?" to which he replied "I think it looks fun.  I'm going to sign up next year."  The manliness never ceases to amaze me.

When all was said and done team Honey Badger had a good showing making it all of the way to the finish line in one piece.  Apparently that is really the only goal of this whole thing.  I will never quite understand how I ended up coming from the same gene pool as them.

P.S.  Sorry for the partial male nudity.  Apparently, the boys needed to revel in their masculinity for as long as possible after the race.

P.P.S.  Big props to all of the women who completed the tough mudder!  You go girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment