Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Walk the Other Way






Last night for our walk hubs and I decided to turn left out of our front door rather than our usual right and guess what we found . . . a golf course!

Whaaaaat?

"Impossible," you say - "golf courses don't just go hiding themselves in people's back yards."

Well, I would have agreed with you a mere 20 hours ago, but now I am beginning to even reconsider the authenticity of the bigfoot claims. A happy little unexpected strawberry bush would have been enough to prompt a squeal from me but an entire golf course . . .  who knew.  Just think of how excited I would be if I actually played golf!

Apart from it just being beautiful and green it gave us a whole new perspective of our neighborhood to look back across the golf course and down the valley.  Oh, and guess what we found just off of one of the holes (no not Noah's ark - good guess though) a hiking trail!  I can't wait to go for a hike and find out what is at the top of it.

Moral of the story, next time you go exploring your neighborhood do me a favor and turn in a direction that you never have before . . . you never know, you might just find the ocean!  Let me know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment