Friday, August 5, 2011

Moments that made me smile


Next week is already shaping up to be a doozy so tonight I am taking it easy going to the movies with my man to take my mind off of it all.  I think we are going to see Crazy, Stupid Love.  Have you seen it yet?

Oh and just for grins here are a couple of moments from my life this week that got me to smile:
  • The man that pulled up next to me in his pickup truck and said "Do you want some steak?" "What?" "Yeah I've got meat in the cooler in the bed of the truck that I am selling for a really good price, do you want some?"  "Um, no thank you - my freezer is full already"  (But next time I am in the market for raw meat sold out of a cooler in the back of a creeper's pick up truck I will definitely look you up) - haha, who thinks this is a good business idea?
  • The guy riding a bike while holding onto a second empty bike beside him and carrying a third bike on his back.  I didn't really think it was a good idea but was impressed by his skills as he rode past me - that is until I heard the CRASH!  Yep - I just knew I was right on that one.
  • Playing charades with one of my favorite 6 year olds - category was "people."  I proceeded to watch her reenact her entire life story starting with the death of her grandfather through her birth (something that looked like a flower blooming) and her toddler years (a bunny hopping).
  • The arrival of husband's new camouflage waterproof jacket.  He was so excited to show me how it worked that he spit on it.  Wow honey that really is amazing!
Life is funny, Colorado is pretty (that is the reason for the unrelated photo).

No comments:

Post a Comment