Thursday, October 27, 2011

Snow



This wasn't our first snow of the year - oh no, that happened almost three weeks ago.   But, this was the first snow that covered the ground and made everyone rush to put their snow tires on and helped me remember why I love living in this winter wonderland so much.

In the name of midterms I was just going to take it all in from behind my computer screen.  But then, like a princess dress calls out to a five year old in a store with all of its promises of sparkles and prince charming, so the snow beckoned me out with promises of beauty and blindness.

And then I got cold.

So, back inside it was to enjoy a cup of hot chocolate which I could now justify to my husband as being an entirely appropriate drink of choice (for the record - I drink hot chocolate year round).

No comments:

Post a Comment