Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A serious case of the Mondays

Today I had a serious case of the Mondays.  I was awoken not because the birds were singing or my alarm went off but rather because the creepy guy in my dreams was following me everywhere I went and I. couldn't. get. rid. of. him!  That my friends is not a great way to wake up.  Oh and do you know what happens to the foreign language part of your brain over the weekend? The same thing that happens to any other part of your brain, it goes into lazy mode - not good when you have four hours of classes to sit though where ability to communicate is key.

So here is the thing.  Husband saved the day, like for real saved the day.  He showed up to school just before the end of my last class and took me to McDonald's for lunch where I had my first ever BigMac.  Yep, first ever!  We never go to McDonald's in the States but my goodness did that McFlurry make my day here.  And then, he told me that he was going to ride the bus with me all of the way to and from my volunteer job (that's 45 minutes out of his way each direction) just because I was so nervous about getting on the wrong bus!

 


The whole bus ride I prayed a prayer of thankfulness for this man that is my husband.  I don't know what I would do without him!

No comments:

Post a Comment