Thursday, June 28, 2012

On the hunt

Jesse and I are now officially on the hunt to buy a house and oh, what a hunt it is!  Not only are there very few "homes" that fit our criteria, but the few that do are some real . . . um . . . gems.   In the words of my mother, "Those that have money ought to have taste, or those that have taste ought to have money but it rarely works out that way, does it?"  Or, as my Grandmother would say "Tacky, tacky, tacky."  I guess that is just one of the downfalls of living in a community that sprang up in the 70's/80's.

The other issue is that while Jesse is falling in love with a house/view/yard/garage/storage space, I'm busy looking straight past the walk in closet (what!?) to ridiculous scenarios in my head like, "If I had to call 911 how long would it take them to get to this house." Or, "Sure there is a fire escape in the master bedroom but jumping out of a window three stories off the ground is hardly my idea of and effective escape." And, "How are my future children going to learn to ride bikes on a gravel driveway with a cliff on one side" (we're talking like 8 years down the road now).  Ai yai yai.  Worry much!?

In the mean time Jesse looks at the wildlife gracefully moving through the yard and thinks "Awesome, we wouldn't have to go to the grocery store to buy meat."

Its turning into some twisted game of battle of the sexes.  Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment