Monday, November 26, 2012

dear little one

*This post was written several weeks before we found out that we were expecting.  I still can't believe that this is all real. 

July, 2012

Dear Little One,

I had this dream last night.  The most wonderful dream.  I dreamt that you were finally here, inside my belly.  You, the one that I have been hoping for, and praying for and waiting oh so patiently for. 

I told your Dad (your Dad! I love the sound of that) about my dream through sleepy eyes this morning before he headed off to work (he is such a hard worker!).  He smiled and gently told me not to get too excited.  He knows how sad it makes me every month when you aren't there.  Every month when I feel so certain that this is going to be it.

I don't feel any differently today.  I don't know if I should or not.  It is just that I have never had a dream like that before.  I know that I shouldn't get too excited or get my hopes up, it is just that it all seemed so real.  So real, in fact, that I ate yogurt for breakfast this morning (I don't really like yogurt) because I know that it is healthier than cereal, and I want to keep you healthy if you are really in there. 

Oh, please be real little one . . . I already can't stop thinking about you, even if you are still only a dream.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment