Tuesday, November 27, 2012

operation moisture

Living in a place with almost no humidity and temperatures that frequently dip into the single and negative digits can often be a challenge in trying to keep my body happy and healthy.  Every year it feels like a race against time to keep my hands soft before they shrivel up and my lips and cuticles from cracking.  Here are a few of my favorite things that have been helping to keep me from looking like a dried up rasin:

1.  BKR Water Bottle - I think everyone knows that they first key to locking in moisture is staying well hydrated.  I had never been one to consistently drink water until this beauty came along.  Water just tates so much better out of glass than it does out of plastic.

2.  EOS Lip Balm - I have a couple of chapsticks that I love (this and this are also long time favorites) but nothing can beat how easy it is to find this little round ball in the bottom of your purse!

3.  Garnier BB Cream - Ahhhh!  My newest obsession.  This stuff is amazing.  Not only does my skin look so much better with it on but it feels better too.  Not that I would recommend this but I have even left it on overnight several times and instead of waking up to a bunch of breakouts I wake up to smooth soft skin.  The inventor of this stuff deserves a kiss, and a vacation!

4.  Puffs plus Vicks - These are far and away my favorite tissues (which I think is really saying something since it is not a product that most people really put a lot of thought into)!  Hear me out on this one.  I have never once had dry nose syndrome when using these tissues (aka that beautiful look of rudolf the red nosed reindeer).  Not only that but they smell amazing and totally clear up any mid winter sniffles that you may have.  I'm beginning to think that more tissues ought to be scented (mayble like bubblegum to get kids to blow their noses)

5.  Olay Regenerist Night Recovery Cream - I'm a big fan of Olay.  My skin saw a massive improvement when I started using their products and this night cream is no exception (that is when I remember to put it on before bed).

6.  Klorane Dry Shampoo - Dry shampoo is the best thing to happen to me since, well, BB Cream.  Not only does it allow me to keep my hair unwashed for several days, thereby allowing the natural oils in my head to do their thing, but it also improves the styling capabilities of my hair.  Klorane is by far the best that I have tried so far but have also used this one with good success.

7.  Burt's Bees Nourishing Body Oil - This stuff smells wonderful and makes my skin feel so soft!  A go-to after a shower or bath.

8. Tresemme Heat Tamer Protective Spray - When I do end up washing my hair (about once every 4 days) this stuff is awesome at keeping my hair frizz free after I blow it dry.  Also great to spray on just before curling or straitening.  For a girl with long hair that should have a lot of split ends, my stylist is always impressed at how healthy it is.

9.  Vicks Humidifier - So, you can try all of the products that you want but nothing really beats just adding a little bit of moisture back into the air that you are living in.

10.  Hyaluronic Acid - I'll be honest, I don't really see a dramatic immediate improvement from using this stuff.  However, the experts say that it puts a bunch of moisture back into your skin and holds it there I figure what's the harm.  Oh, and it is fun to put on.  It has a crazy cool texture that is something inbetween water and jello. 

11.  Vaseline - Classic.  I think that I may just have the worst cuticles known to mankind.  If I slab a little bit of this on them at night they feel so much better in the morning.

12.  Delon Body Butter in Mango - I was given this as a gift and LOVE it!  Not only does it work miracles on my dry hands but when I put it on at night I go to sleep dreaming of all places tropical (and humid).  Its a beautiful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment