Monday, April 22, 2013

Due Date

Saturday was my due date.  Yeah, that didn't happen.

Instead of working my way though contractions, this was me tromping around the woods trying my very best to convince this kid that it's time!!  Don't get me wrong, I still feel good and could probably stand cooking her for a few more weeks (while I continue to wrap my head around this whole labor and delivery thing) but, oh, those sweet little baby toes are just about all I can dream about right now.

In addition to that walk into the woods up there, there was also a trip to Costco (I thought for sure wandering around there would get things moving), a foot massage, another walk up a pretty steep hill, food so spicy it increased my body temperature by about 2 degrees, as well as a couple of other doctor recommended methods.  Nothing!  Not even one hint of a contraction.  Due date, schmoo date huh!?  I'll take all of your recommendations - except that castor oil one, I'm not so sure I like the sound of that.

And so we press on.  40 weeks plus 1 day.

I am, however, hopeful that while you are reading this post on Monday morning, I am lying with my baby girl in my arms.  It can happen right?

No comments:

Post a Comment