Thursday, June 27, 2013

sleeeeeeeeep

so, last night this miraculous thing happened . . . my two month old daughter slept for nine hours straight.  nine hours without so much as a peep, squeal, grunt or cry.  (insert hallelujah chorus here).

i honestly haven't felt all that sleep deprived over the course of her infancy (isn't it amazing how your body can adjust!?) but i've got to say that those eight hours of uninterrupted blissful slumber were just plain magical.

on top of that, the little lady and i were in such bright spirits this morning that i had fed and changed her, done two loads of laundry, gone for a run, and was dressed for the day all before eight in the morning.  this is big people, B.I.G.!  i mean, i love this motherhood thing but being a mom on top of eight hours of sleep . . . well just picture me singing in my loudest most joyful voice, "this is fuuuuuuuuuunnnnnn!"  yes indeedy.  and here i thought that seeing my baby smile at me was the pinnacle of my week.  it just keeps getting better and better.

and oh, i know that i will probably regret saying this sooner rather than later but as of today it has been on repeat in my head and i just can't get it to go away until i shout it from the tippy tippy top of the tallest tree in our yard:

bring on more babies!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment