Tuesday, July 26, 2011

25 Minutes


Husband had made plans to hang out with some friends tonight so, I had made plans to sit on the couch and enjoy some down time.  But, as soon as a rainstorm hit, my phone rang and as I suspected it was hubby telling me that he was coming home.  That my friends was the signal that it was time for me to get to work on everything that I had been procrastinating on for the last hour (kinda like when Mom is about to walk through the door when you are 12 and the dishes are still "soaking" in the sink).  It is about a 25 minute commute for him to get home so I played a little motivation game with myself to see what I could get accomplished in that amount of time.  Here is where I ended up:

- Filled the ice trays
- Transferred clothes from washer to dryer
- Refilled coffee grounds container
- Cleaned off my beauty products from the bathroom sink (and yes honey they are all important and necessary)
- De-junked my nightstand and in process ironically uncovered a book called "Getting Things Done" (if that isn't a kick in the pants I don't know what is)
- Made the bed
- Picked up after the tornado that somehow managed to only attack my side of the room
- Opened and sorted mail
- Cleaned off coffee table
- Decided once and for all that I did not feel like cooking dinner in the least and husband could survive on leftovers

It is amazing what you can get accomplished in less than half an hour when you set your mind to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment