Wednesday, May 15, 2013

spring has sprung

there is this downside to living in the mountains, one which i forget about until the middle of march each year.  while what seems like the rest of the world is gearing up for spring via fresh flowers, and sunny weather posts on my instagram feed we are still experiencing some of our heaviest snowfalls of the season.   every year when this happens i tell myself "two more months, we still have two more months," to try to reign in my own expectations.

i find that i try so hard to convince myself that it is not spring just yet that all of the sudden one day it just up and surprises me.  and let me tell you, it is the most welcome surprise.  springtime in the mountains is just about the best thing there is.  crisp mornings, hillsides full of vibrant green aspens, and that smell of the earth reawakening promises five whole months of life in the outdoors!  i am not saying that we won't have snow again before october.  we will.  no doubt, we will. 

what i am saying is let hammock season begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment