Tuesday, May 15, 2012

just an old family tradition

One of my goals before I turn 30 is to establish a tradition for this little family of two that we have going on here.  Growing up my family had lots of traditions like Sunday night popcorn, family night, the brave cup, pancakes on Saturday morning, donuts on Sunday, the happy dance etc.  While my charming teenage personality usually thought things like "oh no, not that again," those are now the memories that I would like to try to replicate in my own way with my own (hopefully expanding) family.

First up: Sunday night homemade pizza.  While I realize that this is probably not something very original, it is new to me.  We always had Sunday lunch over at my Grandmother's house growing up with about as much food as you eat on Thanksgiving Day so dinner always amounted to popcorn just to tide us over til Monday morning.

The thought of getting my whole family together to help create a pizza or two together just sounds like so much fun to me (not to mention how nice it is to eat pizza with such fresh ingredients).  Call me crazy but I feel like this is something that even my future teenagers might enjoy (maybe in top chef cookoff style).  I can't wait to experiment with different sauces, toppings and crusts. 

Is it Sunday night yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment